Thoughts and Prayers

on Friday, May 16, 2008

I ask all of you, my fellow bloggers, to have my father-in-law in your thoughts and prayers in these days. He's just been admitted within the last hour or so into hospital. He was supposed to be scheduled to go in next week to have some exams done before having heart surgery this summer. Then he fell ill yesterday, with a high grade fever with no real reduction in temperature today. Considering he's 82, he had some years ago a bout of encephalitis and came out of that for the most part ok. So considering his age, minus the encephalitis, low blood pressure and damaged heart valve, he's been in relatively good health, at least during the last six years I've had the pleasure of knowing him. At 82 he's still able to speak three languages, has been independent and able to get around on his own and take care of himself. Let's all just hope that this is just a case of influenza or similar and that he pulls through ok!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

J.Doe said...

I am sorry he is ill. I hope he gets better soon.

Ann said...

Thanks J. Doe, found out last night he has pneumonia, he will be in the hospital for sure over the weekend.

Gil said...

I'll pray for his recovery. Sorry to hear this and hope all is well real soon.

Ann said...

This means a lot! Seen my father-in-law yesterday, he was moved from ICU to the Cardiology ward yesterday. He's looking and sounding a lot better. Today I think the Cardiologist is going to stop by for a little visit. His fever has finally broke and yesterday was the first full day without a fever.