Italian Men

on Thursday, July 17, 2008

I was checked out while waiting for my apartment gate to open yesterday. I was coming home from the supermarket, parked in front of our gate waiting patiently for it to open. A man, around 40, drives by on his moped going the opposite direction as I. He smiles, tried to make eye contact and "appear" charming. All this while on his fancy moped. Evidently he's unable to flirt and drive his moped at the same time since he swerved and almost lost control of his moped. Yesterday was the first time, as far as I know, that I was checked out while driving my car.

I am no Claudia Schiffer or Naomi Campbell mind you. But that hasn't stopped the occasional male from trying to hit on me. It hasn't happened very often, but when it has it has always been an older man, seriously older. Have had a couple of men well beyond 60 from trying to hit on me. Wassup with that?!?!?!

Yes I am happily married and yes my husband just happens to be Italian. Does that make him the "stereotypical" Italian? I don't think so. Yes he is from Italy, born and raised here. Yes we live maybe a couple of kilometers from his parents. Yes he talks to his mother every day. Again, does that make him a stereotypical Italian? No. He is able to cook and clean when he wants, he is fully capable of doing that. Is he a mama's boy? No.

What do you think are some stereotypes of people from where you are from?

Stumble Upon Toolbar