News in Italy

on Thursday, October 30, 2008

If you would like to read the news in Italy in English, check out the website Life in Italy. The site is usually updated on a daily basis Monday through Friday and the news comes from the Italian news source ANSA. Thew newspaper Corriere della Sera also has a small section in English. Usually they will publish an article a day, again Monday through Friday.

I tend to check my stats on my blog on an almost daily basis, which include search terms used to arrive on my blog. Terms I see on a frequent basis are foreigners in Italy. I don't know what these people are searching for, whether it is what life is like here in Italy for a foreigner or how many foreigners are there in Italy. I just read an article today that there are nearly 4 million legal immigrants in Italy, or about 6.7% of the population. Undocumented immigrants, illegals, are about 500,000. The undocumented work in the underground economy, which includes domestic help.

Who are the largest groups of immigrants in Italy? Romanians with a population of about one million, followed by Albanians and Moroccans.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comments:

Sidney said...

Any idea how many Filipinos?